Friday, July 22, 2011

Ice Cube Painting


Its about 100 degrees today with high humidity. Too hot :P  I thought it would be a perfect day to do some ice cube painting. I originally saw this on Pinterest, the original post was from here. I froze a few drops of food coloring in ice cube trays overnight. The original post uses watercolors, which is probably a better idea, because our hands are dyed multiple colors now. Anyway it was fun and a great activity for a hot day.



The colors mixed together created a really interesting and pretty tie dye look. Now I am trying to come up with a idea to make with the pretty painted paper :)

10 comments:

  1. This looks like SO MUCH fun and the finished product is beautiful (get that in some frames, girl!). Thanks so much for sharing this on Sun Scholars' linky. You've got some great ideas! I'm now following via GFC! Stop by my site sometime (www.deceptivelyeducational.blogspot.com).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! My boys would love this! Thanks for referencing the original and your tips :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful ....love the dino eggs from prev post too !!!

    - Smita
    @littlefoodjunction.blogspot.com
    (fun foods for lil ones)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew, what a "cool" idea! Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ice cube paintings look great, a success! Thanks for referencing my post too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these look wonderful! Would love for you to come share them at the Outdoor Play linky!

    http://mamapeapod.blogspot.com/2011/07/outdoor-play-linky-learning-new-skills.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have actually yet to try this out with my kids! What a great post! Thank you for linking up with us on The Sunday Showcase

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dropping back in to say thanks for linking up! Featured this on my fb page. Hope to see you again this Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are FABULOUS!!!! Thanks so much for sharing this post at For the Kids Friday at Sun Scholars. I loved it SO MUCH, that I've featured it this week. Stop by and grab an A++ button, and share with us again! YEAH! :)

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/07/for-kids-friday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it. Icy and messy fun! My kids are in!

    ReplyDelete